At Gentle Path at The Meadows, we consider the entire family to be our client and realize their need for recovery, too. The behavior of sex addicts can have profound effects on partners, children, parents, and siblings. During our week-long Family Program, Gentle Path at The Meadows provides approximately 30 hours of psychoeducation and activities specifically designed to address the effects of sex addiction on the addicts family members and significant others.
Engaging The Family
The Family Program is designed to:
- Increase the family’s understanding of sex addiction, addiction in general, and any other mental health issues the patient may be experiencing.
- Provide support to family members and introduce them to a lifestyle of recovery based on the 12-step program.
- Allow family members and patients to work with clinicians in group sessions to explore family dynamics.
- Examine family-of-origin issues; learn about functional and dysfunctional family patterns and address barriers to recovery and communication.
Patients are asked to hold themselves accountable for the impact of their addictive behaviors on their family, while family members have an opportunity during Family Week to share the thoughts and feelings they’ve experienced while living with their patient. Each family participates in mutual boundary-setting exercises aimed at explicitly addressing issues present in their family system.
Family Week includes:
- A series of psychoeducational lectures on topics specifically relevant to families impacted by sex addiction.
- Equine Assisted Therapy and ROPES Challenge courses as indicated.
- Experiential exercises aimed at addressing issues present in each family system.
- A discharge planning session to discuss progress in treatment and aftercare options.
The Gentle Path Team Commitment
Our team is strongly committed to the emotional health and healing of spouses, partners, and families impacted by the consequences of sexually addictive behaviors. We understand that these behaviors often result in hurt, betrayal and a breakdown in trust between the patient and their family members. This is why Gentle Path at The Meadows believes our intensive one-week Family Care Program is a crucial aspect of the recovery process, not only for the patient but also for the family members and loved ones who have been damaged by addictive behaviors.
There is no extra charge for this service. By working together as a family, recovery can continue for a lifetime.
Rebuilding Trust And Relationships
In a safe and nurturing community composed of their peers, men are guided on their journey of recovery by examining the underlying causes of addiction and co-occurring disorders. The goal is for these individuals to gain the courage to face difficult issues, including grief and loss; heal from emotional trauma; and become accountable for their feelings, behaviors, and recovery. Visit us here or feel free to phone us at 855-333-6076.