Senior Fellows at The Meadows Claudia Black, PhD, and Patrick Carnes, PhD, CAS, will be featured speakers at the upcoming Summit for Clinical Excellence, March 9 -12. The summit offers advanced clinical training for therapists and counselors with up to 26 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) available.
The theme this year is “Freud Meet Buddha: Mindfulness, Trauma and Process Addictions.” . Dr. Black will give her keynote presentation, “ Reverberations of Trauma in the Addictive Family” on March 9. Dr. Carnes will present “The Secret of Life: The Meaning of Recovery” on March 11. Other sessions will cover topics such as…
- Brain-based therapy and PTSD;
- Mindfulness for Anxiety and Depression;
- Understanding Addiction Interaction,
- Compassion Practice and Empathy Training for Therapists,
- Turning Sexual Problems into Personal Growth;
- Contemplative Psychotherapy: Beginning with Oneself;
- and more.
The conference is co-hosted this year by The Claudia Black Young Adult Center at The Meadows, and Gentle Path at The Meadows. To register, go www.bfisummit.com.